NBN Season has been put on hold due to Emergency Health Order for our Area. We hope to start up in November.
FVL NBN GIRLS’ BB PROGRAM STARTS SOON
Nothin but Net (the Booster Club for the FVL girls’ basketball program) is starting for its 2020-21 season.
Practices start TBD
3rd Grade 12:30 – 2:00
4th Grade 2:00 – 3:30
5th Grade 2:15 – 4:00
6th Grade 12:15 – 2:00
7th Grade 2:00 – 4:00
8th Grade 12:15 – 2:15
Please complete the Following Forms
FVL Guidelines for Indoor Youth Sports
Fall and Winter 2020-21
Referenced from Current WIAA Guidelines
The Foundations of Reducing Risk
- Avoid participation and attendance if sick (fever and/or symptoms).
- It is an expectation that coaches will temperature check each athlete as they arrive.
- Athletes will need to be sent home if temperature exceeds 100.4 degrees.
- FVL will provide the thermometers to do the check.
- All athletes should be visually monitored for any visible symptoms of illness.
- Any athlete that exhibits signs or symptoms related to Covid19 needs to be sent home.
- Masks, “buffs” or neck gaiters, must be worn by athletes indoor according to the governor’s mandate while practicing or playing.
- Cloth masks are safe with exercise, they do not decrease oxygen levels, increase carbon dioxide levels, significantly restrict airflow, or cause heat illness. They will take time to get used to, as they can be uncomfortable and increase the perceived effort of exercise.
- Do not wear medical/surgical masks or N95 masks for exercise as these can decrease airflow.
- Coaches and sideline personnel should wear masks at all times.
- Any parent/guardian watching practice or otherwise entering the building must wear a mask.
- Social Distancing
- Social distancing needs to be encouraged when athletes are not participating.
- When possible, train in smaller “pods” of athletes to reduce risk of exposure.
- Hand sanitization/cleaning frequently (every time on and off the court).
- Each athlete should have their own bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Do not share water or food/snacks.
- Each athlete must have their own bottle of water.
- Minimize shared equipment as much as possible and sanitize that equipment frequently.
*All of these guideline could change when the WIAA comes out with their winter sports guidelines
Church – It is not acceptable to miss church for any NBN activity – if NBN has game on Sunday please consider attending an alternate service.
NBN player cannot miss singing in church for any NBN activity -NBN coaches will do their best to monitor singing schedules
Grade School commitments have priority over NBN activities.
Practices & Tournament Information
5th , 6th , 7th & 8th graders – 7-10 tournaments with a goal of being within1 hour travel time from FVL,
7th and 8th play in State Tourney(If invited only Overnight Tournament)
3rd and 4th graders 2 – 3 tournaments starting after Jan 1
Practices stress basic fundamentals.
5th , 6th , 7th & 8th graders $100.00 – 1st child – 2 or more children $125.00.
3rd and 4th graders $50.00
All Players must use a NBN jersey. Each players is required to buy a NBN Jersey – (EST. Cost is $35)
Optional NBN Apparel is available but this is totally optional. Not required
If NBN fee or purchasing NBN Jersey is a concern please contact David Schroeder (920-284-4607 or email@example.com)
NBN Tourney (club fund raiser)
Nov 7, 2020 – one day tournament at FVL (5th , 6th , 7th and 8th graders)
All parents will be asked to work 1 shift and provide a food donation
Food donations: In addition to giving of your time, we ask that you donate a food item for the concessions.
If an issue arises please contact your coach 1st. If issue has not been resolved contact David Schroeder. (920-284-4607 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
NBN Contact Information
NBN Program Manager – David Schroeder – 920-284-4607 or (920-284-4607 or email@example.com)
Alabama-based surgeon to the stars pleads with parents to give young athletes a break